[Ravensfort] Thanks For the Mini-Tourney

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Mon Feb 4 07:35:48 PST 2002

Greetings from HE Niklas and HE Kezia, Baron & Baroness of Raven's
Fort................

Please excuse the tardiness of this message, however.........

We would like to thank VERY VERY much Lord Balda The Hornswaggled, Knights
Marshal of Raven's Fort, H.E. Brian du Val, Deputy Knights Marshal of
Raven's Fort, Alexander Navarre and Lady Klare of the Misty Veil for the
WONDERFUL!!! Mini-Tourney they sponsored Sunday, Jan 27th at fighter practice.

There were over 30 persons in attendance and 5 fighters competed for the
prizes of a shield, pouch and gift basket .

The contest was combat at the barrier. The fighting was fierce and
entertaining. We thank all the fighters who participated.

In the end, Lord Balda was the overall victor, gaining a fine wooden shield
from H.E. Brian's armory.

Also, Alexander Navarre, one of the Barony's newest fighters, entertained
the gallery of Lady's (assembled and sponsored by Lady Klare) with the
"Best Death". He died well, and for his reward, he received a fine pouch
from HE Brian.

Last, Lord Edric de Aldebury, gained the honor from the Lady's Gallery of
the "most gracious in the list". He was given a gift basket from TE Niklas
and Kezia.

Along with the heavy fighting at the tourney, there was light fighting
practice, A&S weaving and discussion of costumery and embroidery.

We wish to again thank all that came and participated in the tourney.

I also, received a call from the Huntsville Item stating that a photo and
short article on the tourney would be in Sunday, Feb 3rds paper on page 6
(or that was I was told). Good PR is hard to come by and We believe that
the Barony has done some very good PR.

Plans are to hold a mini-tourney someplace in the Barony every month.
However, for the month of Feb, it is requested (if you can attend) that all
the fighters of Raven's Fort assembly for the journey to The Barony of
Bjornsborg, for their event of Bjornsburg's Ransom Tourney Spring Event to
be held Feb 22-24th in Bjornsburg. We have been told that bandits and
hoodlums may at the event and guards and brave fighters will be needed to
secure persons safety from ransom.

See this months Blackstar for further details.

Persons wishing to caravan to the event are welcome. Please contact Us at
home or by email.

Any questions or needs, please contact us.

In Service,

HE Niklas and HE Kezia
Baron & Baroness of Raven's Fort

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                       Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                   Society for Creative Anachronism