[Ravensfort] Baroness' Bardic at Defender

Lochlann . giervald at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 23:44:44 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

     Ummm...actually the "Old Fashioned Bardic Circle" is what we have been
providing just down the hill at House Pharus.  Ya know, the tiki-torch people?
We even have a few bardic books too.  -Occationally hard to find in all the
stuff we bring, but always there.-  Now, granted the books contain mostly our
own personal favorites, but they have a number of "well known" songs as well.

     I realise, of course, that our camp-site is just down-right, chock full
of oddities, odd-balls, wierdos, and the occational social out-cast (myself
*very* included and in the fore-front).  But please, don't discount us
altogether.

     We strive at every event to provide food, friendship, entertainment, a
pleasant atmosphere, and a place to relax and enjoy the songs and stories
being told.  And if you've got a hankering to belt one out, all you've got to
do is stand up and sing.

     Yeah, sing baby sing.......

     Actually, "standing" and "singing" are optional.  Sitting and story
telling is good too.

     It doesn't matter to us who you are or how long you've been playing, it
could be your first event or your thousand and first.  You could be royalty or
you could be a person without even an AOA to your name.  We don't care.  Come
in, have a bite, seat yourself by the fire, be welcome.

     Now, if the idea is to have a separate, Baronial bardic, hey, that's
great too.  It gives those people with a smaller repertoire a chance to share
their talents in more places.  It wasn't all that long ago when I only knew
three songs myself.  I simply sang them in more places.  Campfire to campfire
I went, belting them out. (staggering by the end of the night due to receiving
various and sundry drinks from the wonderful people I met around the site).

     I don't do that as much anymore, I've found my "niche".  I putter around in
my house's kitchen, cooking for our guests, listening to the songs and
stories.  Moved by one, laughing with the next, sniffling a bit at the one
after that.  Occationally I wander out and "share with the class", sometimes
funny, sometimes moving, sometimes sad.

     Hmmm.  Well I think I've rambled on enough.  If you come looking for me
in the House kitchen at Defender I probably won't be there, I'll be helping
Ldy Isabeau (Rachel) in the Baronial kitchen with the Feast.

     Probably singing there too.

Ld Lochlann McGruer

House Pharus