[Ravensfort] Raven's Fort Happenings.....June 4th, 2002

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Tue Jun 4 08:24:25 PDT 2002

Greetings........

Summer is here!!!! and it is getting hotter and hotter as the days pass.
Please keep that in mind when participating in events and activities
outdoors in Raven's Fort and Ansteorra. This is after all Texas and the
temp and humidity are frequently the same.

A big reminder that this Thursday is The Barony of Raven's Fort Populace
Meeting. It begins at 7pm and is held at the Huntsville Fire Department,
Fire Station Number 2 located on Sam Houston Ave in Huntsville next door to
the Taco Bell and The US Army Reserve Center.

I will not able to attend this week as business at work calls me away to
the lands of Bjornsborg (San Antonio). However, Kezia will be there and she
has plans and business for the meeting.

Some items happening or that have happened in the Barony.......

The Raven's Fort Dance Guild is on temporary halt due to the loss of the
place to meet. However, a new location has been identified and is being
secured. Watch for the announcement of the new time and place.

There is still a need for an Event Steward and a Feast Steward for Defender
2002 in September. Anyone interested in doing one of these jobs please
contact either the B&B or Seneschal of the Barony.

We have a new Hospitaller.....Malcolm De Crauford of Ellerslie, MKA...
Shane D. Wallace.

Lady Elaine de Lyon has stepped down due to mundane commitments and we
thank her for her time in the official and a job well done.

Malcolm has many good ideas and much drive for the office. Please help him
as much as possible.

Recently we had 26 Raven's Forters attend Steppes Warlord in the Barony of
Steppes. There was much food, drink and reveling. Our fighters did well
also as Sir Keif, Hawk and Chris all made it a great showing in the
fighting. Hawk made it to the 7th round and Chris the 5th (I hope I have
that right).

HE Brian and Lady Clarissima were hard at work with their merchanting of
armor and work and soaps-oils and lotions in the merchants areas. Good
scents abounded at their booth...either in leather or fragrant smells.

All you cook types.....mark June 22nd as a day to keep open. Plans are to
make a expedition to Houston and visit those evil places of culinary
desires such as HEB Central Market, Whole Foods, Eicheies (sp) and several
others ....and then go eat someplace really cool!!!

I know We are going and hopefully so can many others. Lady Clarissima will
be posting more info on the trek as the time gets closer.

If there are other activities or happenings that I have missed, please post
them to the list and share them with the Barony and our friends in the
known world.

Travel Plans for the future for Their Excellences of Raven's Fort, Niklas
and Kezia.

June 22 Food Trek               Houston
June 28-30      Mid-Summer Faire        Gatesedge
July 12-14      Coronation              Middleford
July 19-21      Red Tape                ???

Coronation is close by in Middleford (actually Gatesville). We would like
to get together a group to travel up there and welcome Duke Patrick Micheal
and Duchess Julia back to the thrones of Ansteorra.

Of course Defender in September and several other events in September.

There will be more coming activities in Raven's Fort, but for now these are
the highlighted ones. However, If I have missed something, please let Us know.

As usual, if anyone has any questions, comments, complaints, needs,
suggestions or etc....please contact Us. And....if anyone knows of any
members of the barony that do not have internet access, please pass this
information along to them so they may be informed.

Vivat Raven's Fort, Vivat Ansteorra....

In Service,

HE Niklas & HE Kezia
Baron & Baroness of Raven's Fort

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                               Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                           Society for Creative
Anachronism
                               AIM Name: KE5ZW