[Ravensfort] things and more things.... what's going on?

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Fri Jun 7 11:06:37 PDT 2002

Angus wrote:
>Quoting jacinth <jacinth at mail.ev1.net>:
>
><snip>
>
>> I can say that I have brought home some very valuable references on
>> Burgundian tapestries, examples of period lace, pictures and books on
>> manuscripts, various evidence from museums, assorted textile books
>> (you
>> will have to see to believe), and a very nice embroidery/lace/weaving
>> pattern book.
>
><snip>
>
>My only concern would be that you removed evidence from a museum, hehe.

Moi?  Restort to theivery?  I can't say I wasn't tempted, but it is
intersting to note that the Swiss musemus are very good about letting
you get up-close-and-personal with the items.  You could litterally walk
right up to things and touch them (but you shouldn't you know!).  I got
to walk right up to the tapestries and examine them very closely, and
probably could have counted the threads had I a mind to.  Wonderful
color, even after 500 years!  Most put very little behind glass where you
couldn't move to get a better view.  Really an amazing experience!!