[Ravensfort] FWD: Dress Accessories forthcoming from Boydell & Brewer

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Thu Mar 7 09:10:47 PST 2002

Something that just floated into my inbox that I thought others might
be interested in....

Regards,
-Jacinth-

From: Kristin Payne <krispayne at compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:39:15 -0500

Dress Accessories
Medieval Finds from Excavations in London

Dear Colleagues,

Boydell & Brewer is pleased to announce the summer reissue of _Dress
Accessories_.  This is the third volume in the series Medieval Finds
from Excavations in London and is an invaluable sourcebook, documenting
the discoveries of items of medieval dress accessories in London.
Discussing over two thousand brooches, rings, buckles, pendants etc.
this is a book that will appeal to the general reader as well as the
dress historian and archaeologist.  Appearing in hardback for
$60/35GBP, this book is heavily illustrated in color and black and
white.

Dress Accessories will be available in July.  We encourage you to place
your orders now and be put on back order.  When the book becomes
available, it will be shipped to you immediately.

Boydell & Brewer is also pleased to announce the forthcoming
publication of _Heraldry, Pageantry and Social Display in Medieval
England_, edited by Peter Coss and Maurice Keen.

Social display, studied seriously for the first time, is discussed
through a range of artifacts including monumental effigies, brasses,
jewels, seals, coins etc.  Well illustrated in color and black and
white, this volume addresses a series of interrelated themes around the
issue of display.  Also available in July for $70.00/45GBP.

The discount schedule for both books is as follows:

1-4 copies 20%
5 or more 40%
20 or more 45%
50 or more 50%

If you would like additional information about these title or any of the
titles in the Medieval Finds from Excavations in London series, please
visit our website at: http://www.boydell.co.uk/LIVING1.HTM, or email me
at krispayne at compuserve.com.

I look forward to receiving your orders!

Kristin Payne
Sales/Marketing Manager
Boydell & Brewer
668 Mt. Hope Ave., Rochester NY 14620