[Ravensfort] Sbandieratori (flag throwing)

Clarissima ldyclarissima at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 07:58:59 PDT 2002

Ciao,

Sbandieratori is the Italian tradition of flag tossing
dating back to the 1300's.  I want to get a group
together and have about 4 or 5 people that are
interested. I have finally found video(from a very
advanced professional group that preformed at the
Olympics in Salt Lake).  I am requesting information
from this group regarding equipment, costuming, etc.
I have included a few links for anyone interested.
Please contact me if you want to join us in this
venture!

http://www.sbandieratorifirenze.com/welcome.htm
This site has flag and costume examples and has an
English version.

http://www.fisb.net/
This site has the video, but it is in Italian, so you
will need to translate it.

If you search google, you can translate pages (most
are in Italian) and you get about 6,000 options.

You do need either Real Player or Microsoft Media
Player to view the video (3 of them!!!!).

Grazie,
Clarissima

=====
Grazie,