[Ravensfort] Query...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:52:00 PDT 2002

In my recent class on management one topic was
"Why people join groups and teams"
there were several reasons that had
been deduced that made people want to be part
of a group, they were:

Interpersonal Attraction (generally liking the group members)
Group Activities (the activities of the group appeal to them)
Group Goals
Need Satisfaction(to satisfy the need for affiliation)
and Instrumental Benefits (group membership was instrumental
in providing other benefits to the individual)

Considering the recent past discussions on keeping newcomers
I think we should use these topics to examine why we stay in
the SCA, because if it's kept us ... and we want newcomers
of like mind...then the same things will draw and keep them...

So...why did you join and why do you stay in the SCA?

If you do not want to post to the list
you may post to me privately at

ldeerslayer at yahoo.com

Lorraine DeerSlayer