[Ravensfort] Private vs Public...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 08:54:26 PDT 2002

> However, I IMPLORE everyone to play nice,
> and keep your private affairs PRIVATE.

Jacinth...I think you have hit upon the crux of the situation

Though it should be common sense...

many people don't know the difference between what is
"public" and what is "private"

and for those that do...many feel that if something is
kept "private" that there must be some kind of subterfuge...
and therefore they decide to take it "public" to unmask the
deception...

Many people also have a problem distinguishing between the
SCA group and it's administration (or the site and it's
administration) and personal interaction...

I have seen many times when an officer or the land agent has
done all they can do in their interaction with an individual
in trying to get the person to comply with rules that were made
to prevent conflict, for safety or were requirements
for kingdom and corporate SCA. But no matter how they are
approached, the individual sees it as a personal assault...and
holds a grudge...for simple administrative stuff...

Playing nice means being aware of and following the rules,
regulations, norms and morays of the group. Also it means
that each of us must look beyond ourselves and be willing
to see how our actions and reactions affect others (but not so
far that we loose ourselves to the ebb and flow of others
opinions of ourselves)...and be willing to admit to and
attempt to clean up our messes...as well as be willing to
stop instantly reacting and not assume insult or deception.

Lorraine