[Ravensfort] RE: Sbandieratori

Clarissima ldyclarissima at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 17:48:47 PDT 2002

If we wanted to belong to the Federation in Italy (we
don't trust me), there are very strict rules and regs.
 I have sent an e-mail to a group in Italy to get more
info on the equipment, etc.

There are groups with women and I do think we can
accomplish at least a minimum impressive show with 10
people.  One thing about the websites it that those
are professional troupes supported by their local
government, so they are going to be large and have
really cool stuff (bands!)to support their effort.

I think we could at least practice with "band in a
box" until we can find some dependable musicians.
There is a site where they preform to drums.

I would like to thank everyone for their interest.  I
have been talking about this for about 2 months and it
is great to have someone to share my excitement with.

Clarissima
--- "Olivia G. Rodrigues" <ladyoliviar at lycos.com>
wrote:
> The Goode Lady Jacinth said:
> "We are going to need a lot of people to do this
> right... some troupes have a minimum of 20 members.
> Also, I noticed that a number of troupes are
> Sbandieratori e Musici... do we rent out musicians
> for this, too?"
>
> My 2 pence worth:
> I doubt (but hope! c'mon teens!  "You kin doo
> eet!")we could get enough people to be 'flag wavers'
> let alone enough to also have musicians...then there
> is the time issue of learning the music.
>
> Okay, I'm going out on a limb here *grabbing armor
> to cover my as...uh, head* but...why couldn't we,
> until we get enough musicians (if ever?) use a
> 'Bard-in-a-box' with the 'appropriate' music?
>
> Olivia
>
> ---
> Carpe Diem Ex Illo Vitae Opprime!
>

> On Tue, 7 May 2002 13:44:04
>  Mirabelis wrote:
> >Dont ya think we could muster up enough musicians,
> whether they be ME
> >drummers or such?  I can play clairnet ROFL with
> sheet music.  I know Alaric
> >plays flute, trombone hehehe, but having some sort
> of music adapted would be
> >a really neat play on the original idea.
> >just a thought!
> >Thanks for the lookin on the sites Jacinth!! Well
> done !
> >
> >cheers
> >Mirabelis

=====