[Ravensfort] Rights and duties...Society Corpora/Kingdom Law

Aedh Finn Mac Cormaic aedh_finn at ev1.net
Thu May 9 15:24:00 PDT 2002

>Finn probably posted the Peerage stuff...because he does not think
>that any of the Peers he knows of act in the ways that are dictated in
>Corporate Law...

Although people who speak for me often get it wrong, this is actually
a fairly accurate response.  I would not say _any_, however.  Some few
of the Peers I know do act in accordance with Corpora on a consistent
basis.  Many seem to try to, and of course, that's just my opinion.

I also post it because it has come to my attention over the years that
very few people actually know anything about the Peerages except the
prestige and respect their members, largely, expect to be accorded.

My post is by no means exhaustive, and in the past I have included the
links so that those interested can look up the rest on their own.  my
apologies for not doing so in this case.  Here they are:

SCA Organizational Handbook (in PDF format)
http://www.sca.org/docs/govdocs200201.pdf

See also: http://www.sca.org/docs/

Ansteorran Kingdom Law (in HTML format)
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/law/kingdom_law.html

I had some other links on Peerage information, but they seem to have
gotten lost in one of my computer glitches.  Anyone who wants them,
should I succeed in finding them, is invited to email me privately.

Will McCormack