[Ravensfort] Playground Auction Update?

Lochlann . giervald at hotmail.com
Sun May 19 11:53:53 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

     After having helped design two playgrounds (long long ago in a galaxy...)
I can say with utter sincerity that it is not possible to have more money than
is needed.  I was supposed to get one third of a million-dollar grant to do
one for the YMCA camp I worked at and I was stressing trying to figure out how
I could afford to get all the nifty stuff I wanted to put in (it never got
built unfortunately, politics).

     Different situation, I realize.  I just wanted you to keep in mind that
if you are anything like me, then the desire to go overboard and buy/build all
the REALLY NIFTY stuff for the kids is something that you will have to hold
back if you want to come in anywhere near budget.

     Maybe a separate fund could be started for those other things.

Lochlann

P.S.  and no, don't look at me, my patience with kids got blown away in a
massive incident involving 60 plus six year-olds, most of whom had no idea
that wandering around on a moving bus was dangerous. *shudder*  I'm going to
go take my medication now.
>From: "Olivia G. Rodrigues"
>To: ravensfort at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Ravensfort] Playground Auction Update?
>Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 00:28:34 -0500
>
>Hiya...
>
>Isobail, I know you're busy with the end of school and prepping for Joy's
Baby Shower but, I was just wondering, where are we at on donations for the
auction?

>I was also thinking (uh oh...she's THINKING!) that if we raise MORE (it could
happen, right?) than we need for the playscape, do we have other projects we
can put the funds towards? How about a couple of small picnic tables for the
children? Or...a sand pit that we can cover/seal when not in use...or...craft
supplies in sealable storage tubs...or...or...any other ideas?