[Ravensfort] TRF

Shane Wallace sdwsdw30 at totalzone.com
Sun Sep 29 20:45:01 PDT 2002

Greetings Raven's Fort,

Many of you have ask me about TRF........ So here are the details......
IF you wish to work on a certain day lets get together and pick a
weekend..... I will call Bowen with the details.......  If you are
interested EMAIL me ASAP ! ! !  So far we have about 4 to 6 volunteers.

In Service,
Lord Malcolm de Crauford
Hospitaler

PS------- Please remember, we are just helping out Stargate, NOT
Autocrating the weekend ! ! !

Greetings Ansteorrans!

It's that time of year again, Texas Renaissance Festival's 2002 season
begins October 5th, and runs for 7 weekends.  This festival located in
Grimes County between Magnolia and Plantersville, is probably the largest
demo opportunity for the SCA in the knowne world.  Over 400,000 folks
attend
each year to watch shows, shop, and revel in the current middle ages.  This
is also a wonderful time to show what the SCA is about, and draw new
players
and/or members. If you'd like to participate in this demo on all or any of
the weekends, complimentary passes are provided in exchange for 3 hours of
"work" each day attended.  "Work" entails fighting, A&S, Heralding,
waterbearing, walking the parade, bardic, working our "info. about the SCA"
booth, marshalling, and banner bearing.

Passes may be picked up at "troll" in the parking lot of Mom's Cafe located
across the street from TRF's main entrance. Troll hours will be Friday
nights from 6pm-12midnight, Saturday morning 8am-11am, and Sunday morning
8am-11am.  Passes may also be mailed to SCA paid members in special
cases if
requested in enough time prior to them being needed.

To reserve passes please send an e-mail to:  TRF_passes at hotmail.com
Include complete Mundane and SCA names of those needing passes, their
contact info (telephone # and email addy).

Bear in mind that troll will be run similar to that of an SCA event, and we
will be checking for membership cards, if you do not have one, you must
sign
a waiver form.  Children will also need a completed
"consent to participoate form" if not a member. Minors not accompanied by
their parent, must also bring a notorized consent form signed by their
parents, and must be accompanied by a parent authorized adult.

Again, to reserve passes please send an e-mail to:  TRF_passes at hotmail.com
Include complete Mundane and SCA names of those needing passes, their
contact info (telephone # and email addy). You will be added to the gate
list.

For info on TRF and it's location please check out the TRF web site.

I hope to see lot's of you out there serving your kingdom proudly!

In service,
Lady Serin le Rapp Scheurer, TRF Pass Coordinator