[Ravensfort] A list of weird ideas

rachel luce rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 16:44:23 PDT 2003

Dude you rock!!!! Yes to all of them. Especially #2. I think that most of us would like to persona play and just don't know how to get "in character". As for #4 I have two books you may want to look at : "Ancient Inventions, Technology in the Ancient World" and "Technology in the Middle Ages". I won't be able to make fighter practice this week at Lizard Keep but is it possible you could be there next wednesday? If so I could bring these books for you to look at.                                        -Isabeau  Tuath na Ciarraide-Mactire <tuathamactire at hotmail.com> wrote:Allo all,

I compiled a group of weird ideas I have been kicking around to get people's
opinions on. Apologies in advance if you folks do this stuff already :-)

1) The development of a group, maybe not a guild per se, but something to
research, reproduce and demonstrate period games from various cultures and
eras.

2) Working with local theatrical groups to exchange ideas (they help us act
in character, we help them with choreography and props and such, etc.).

3) Setting up a period encampment research group (again, maybe not a
full-sized guild) to look at researching and reproducing period encampments
from various periods and regions so that Ravensfort folk can win a lot of
those "Best Period Encampment" contests :-)

4) This one's a weird one, but something I personally would love to be
involved in: a historical technologies group that researches and reproduces
tools and machines from many various periods and regions, sort of the
industrial-version of A&S ;-)

Just a few ideas.

Breandán