[Ravensfort] BOD decision

Marivs byzy at charter.net
Wed Apr 30 01:35:24 PDT 2003

That is a good point and I have understood and appreciated this fact for
some time.  You have to remember, the last time I was face to face with the
others in question I was attacked.  I fear for my life.   Do you wonder why
you have seen no one post to say, "You're not in any danger" ?  It's because
the threat is real.  If I am afraid to attend events the only open forum I
have for the SCA is the internet.  It's hard for me to keep silent when I
see people congratulating someone for terrorizing others into leaving the
SCA and getting away with it.

Yes, the on line fighting has been horrible for the Barony.  The sad fact is
that "good ole boy" politics and deception at high levels in the Barony is
what started this two years ago.  The Barony has degenerated so badly that
it was not even able to pull together the cancelled event this month...  And
the "unofficial event / work weekend" that did happen degenerated so badly
that a Baronial Brass Hat poked and pushed one of the other members of the
Barony.  I'm glad I didn't show up.

I am truly sorry that your first exposure to the SCA had to be this.  There
are some wonderful people in the Society and they are easy to find.  We have
a wide variety of groups and interests.  It really is a great organization.

Pax,
Marivs