[Ravensfort] Surcoat question

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 17:29:36 PDT 2003

I'm assuming...that you are talking about a Jupon...for your size according to the McCalls pattern you will need approximately 4 and 1/4 yard of material...which will vary in cost dependant upon the material...unless it is a one way fabric...then you may need more...plus the cost of the buttons (up to 20 down the front)...and of course thread and interfacing ...

It all will depend upon the cost of the materials involved.

Lorraine

Tuath na Ciarraide-Mactire <tuathamactire at hotmail.com> wrote:
For the sewing-capable people who would know, about how much should I expect to shell out for materials for a 13th century military surcoat quartered green and white with heraldric emblems on each field? This is for a period wedding, not SCA, but I would end up sewing myself to a wall were I allowed near needle and thread, so I defer to the knowledge of other
Oh, rough measurements are 50" chest, 39" waist, torso, I have no idea, and shoulders somewhere around 22" to 24" (don't have measurin' stick or tape handy)

Breandán
_________

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam