[Ravensfort] Fw: rumors

Barbara Gilbert kezia at pbgilbert.net
Fri Aug 22 19:44:20 PDT 2003

Oppppsss...

This was suppose to have been private.

Kezia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barbara Gilbert
  To: ravensfort at ansteorra.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 11:12 PM
  Subject: [Ravensfort] Fw: rumors

  I just read your post on the 17th. Sorry this week has been crazy. Work day Sat & Sun, business meeting Mon, event meeting Tue, work on the pavilion at Rachel's Wed, I am home tonight !

  I wanted to touch base and tell you what is going on,

  I have heard a few rumors floating around. We recently discussed these rumors at business meeting and again at populace. A couple of people have been telling others #1 that Niklas and I want people to go around from camp to camp looking for drugs and underage drinking. #2 that Niklas and I are trying to chase people off.

  to answer #1 No people are not suppose to look for trouble. We really do not want trouble and we really really do not want to have to call the police. This is the reason we have talked about this in the open, we want people from all corners of the Barony to know what is going on.

  to answer #2 This is not from Niklas and I this is from the Kingdom.This subject was discussed in the open meeting at the last Red Tape / Kings Roundtable. A lady from an other group ask the Kingdom Seneschal "What should you do if you see someone smoking pot ?"  The answer was " Tell the Stewart, Seneschal, and Baron / Baroness, and call the police as soon as possible. If anyone is giving alcohol to an underage minor, call the police. The SCA Inc. can not afford the legal rick of engorging these problems and we do not want that reputation either. "

  Many additudes are changing around the Kingdom. We now have teachers, policeman and lawyers that play and come to our events. If these people see these actions and do not report it  this jeopardizes their jobs, their income to live on. If people are careless and not discrete yes they will get in trouble at any event now. Just within this last year 2 people have been banished level 3 R&D because they gave alcohol to a minor. The Crown suggested to a couple of officers that they stepped down because they found out that they smoked pot.

  Whether this is good or bad will depend on each persons outlook, but the fact is the SCA is not as it was 15 to 20 years ago. The people from the 60's are no longer in charge, and those that had partied hard now have a wife and children and have slowed down. The nurses, lawyers, teachers, and policeman that now hold offices in the SCA do not want the reputation of this just being a big party group and because of their jobs they can not allow it.
  There will still be parties and that is good. We do not want anyone to get into trouble just because they do not know what is going on.

  I have also hear a rumor that you and Trish and others are not going to come out any more.

  You know that I always enjoy seeing you guys. Niklas and I do not want you to quit. I know the group would also miss you. Call or e-mail us if you have any questions or just want to talk.

  Hope to see you soon
  Kezia