[Ravensfort] the site for the Day at

Kezia (Barbara Gilbert) kezia at pbgilbert.net
Mon Feb 3 08:53:49 PST 2003

Greeting to the people of this list,

This month Ravens Fort is hosting the Day at the Pas d'Armes.This will be a very unique event for Ravens Fort. Many people have been working toward making this event a good one. Now for the reason that we are having it at a different site.

We talked about it at Business meetings and at Populas, the officers wanted to do something different and had been talking about an off site event for a over a year. The type of event that Brian is doing will go very well with this site and that is were he wanted to have it. There are two large pavilions that will make it possible for us to have European dance. The dance guild is looking forward to showing their new talents at this event. Feast will be undercover and there is plenty of open flat ground for equestrian, archery, and knife axe and spear contest, The Park has real bathrooms and showers. Many of our February events get some rain so it will be nice to have cover just in case. Many other SCA groups have helt successful events at this site. This site is within Ravens Fort lands and it will be good for the area to see us there. I could still list more good reasons.

For the people that come to Ravens Fort events just to get drunk and party in the woods, oh well....... this group has a broader vision for what they want to do.  Please come and have fun with us as we branch out and do new and different things.

HE Kiabarta Kezia
in service to
the Barony of Ravens Fort