[Ravensfort] Lord Hugh Killingbury

Shane Wallace sdwsdw30 at totalzone.com
Tue Feb 4 16:43:37 PST 2003

Greetings,
Well spoken Lord Hugh Killingbury!!! I wish more people were as BRAVE as you!!! Good Job!!! Your right, problems should be kept off the list!!! But some people are bent on CAUSING PROBLEMS. Yes, its very period... but enough is enough... Of course this is my PERSONAL OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Service to the Dream, Crown, and Barony,
Lord Malcolm de Crauford

Lord Hugh Killingbury Posted:

To all good Lords and Ladies and Gentles that abound
throughout Ravensfort,

I love Ravensfort and consider it to be my SCA home. I
attended my first event there well over ten years ago.
Everything seemed so much simpler and one with the
world. At feast with the tiki's and candles, with
people walking around the tables singing and playing
it transcended mundanity, I was transported to a time
long past and much loved. I am in no way disheartned
by the recent events, they have been just as wonderful
as the past...to a point.

I know that with any structured entity politics come
into play. It is expected although not enjoyed by all.

I also know that people do not always get along with
one another. This is the way of the world, population
and countries alike. We all have differences, race,
religion, creed, likes and dislikes. It behooves us to
accept one another for who we are and either grow to
accept or stay away from that party.

It is also my position that when a person has a
problem with another they should either try to work it
out or try to keep their distance from that party if
they cannot mamendsends. It is in very poor taste to
air ones dirty laundry for all to see. It seems this
would also leave a very nasty impression for newbies
or people wanting to learn more about their area
Barony. This is what personal e-mail addresses are
for.

This is a game. Games are fun. We live the dream
because we love it. If it is going to be miserable or
if it's no fun...whats the point?

In Service to the Dream,
Lord Hugh Killingbury