[Ravensfort] Autocrats Rant >:o(

Mary R rufus67 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:03:28 PST 2003

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Okay..

Where are the work weekends being held and at what time?  I am not often on
the computer due to limited access, but will do what I can.

Now..

The last two postings were a little hard to read because it felt as though
someone took the words out of my head and put them down for others to read.
This Barony has been home for me for the last two years and during that time I
have seen a LOT of bickering and petty BS.  Quite frankly, grow up.  If you
don't like the way we are doing things then f#$% off.  We are a family and
there is work to be done.  HE Brian has made excellent points to what needs to
be done, so there should not be any "well, nobody told me or invited me" crap.
We need every person to make this Barony thrive.  We have talented individuals
from every walk of life with thousands of different ideas.  Let us not whine
about things.  Let's change the things that need to be changed and enjoy the
fruits of our labor.

I am sorry if my language is insulting even though I am trying to keep it
clean.  It is just that I am so passionate about the SCA and this Barony that
I don't want to see ANYONE taking stabs on this list.

When I attended my first event, I realized I had found my home.  I was
welcomed with open arms by the people who I now call "family".  They held my
hand and watched me take tiny steps in the direction of what I am now working
on.  I have been doing bath salts, working with the children, and sewing.  I
have almost completed a tunic completely sewn by hand.  I have had very
patient and productive members of this community give me encouragement on my
projects and name me in Court due to a minor incident with and axe.

I try to attend work weekends whenever possible to see that we are able to
continue this dream.  Sometimes, it is hard to make it to everything.  I know.
I have missed Scribe's Guild and Bardic Nights due to the demands of work.  It
happens.  It is important, however, to attend what we can, when we can..even
if it is only for an hour.  To make ourselves heard, to be involved, and to
breathe life into our activities.

The Stones of Raven's Fort will be missed at this event, but that does not
mean that this is going to be a bad thing.  Look at it as something new and
exciting and see what we can learn to take back to our home site.  Even though
I will not be able to camp and will only be day-tripping, I am VERY excited
about a 3 day event where there are still things to be done on Sunday.

I would also like to say Vivat to all the hardworking, sleep deprived,
dedicated members who have so humbly and graciously put forth the effort
(beads of sweat) to make this event the best Day At.. event that Raven's Fort
has seen!!!

In service to the Barony of Raven's Fort,

Mary of Axefoot

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 [1] and get 2 months FREE*