[Ravensfort] Silk!!!!

Elaine Scadian elainetryitagain at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 09:27:31 PST 2003

I just ordered one bolt (approx. 50 yards) of 5mm (5 momme - that's the lightweight stuff I've gotten before and a lot of y'all have seen) 36" wide white silk from Rupert Gibbon & Spyder.  It should be in sometime next week (not in time to make stuff for the event unless you're insane, but in time to buy *at* the event if you would like).  I've also ordered a bolt of 44" "natural" colored silk noil that's in a herringbone weave - I checked - it's not a print, it *is* a weave.

While I was at it, I ordered a swatch set - folks can see what all they offer.  If anyone is interested in ordering bolts - the herringbone is on sale for $2.39/yard and the habotai is $1.65/yard plus shipping at the bolt price.  Bolt price means you have to buy 50 yards of that fabric.

If you're not interested in the order and hassle and all, I'll be selling the 36" silk habotai for $2 a yard and will be selling the herringbone for $3 a yard.  I'm not trying to gouge you guys or anything, but I need to pay for the shipping and tax and stuff and it's just easier to round up to whole numbers.

Anyway, the site is www.silkconnection.com if you want to order from them.

If you'd like to pick up part of what I've ordered, give us a call at 436-0205 (no calls before noon).

All this stuff is "PFD" (prepared for dying) . . . Dye party anyone???  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Elaine