[Ravensfort] 1st Event Cards--A Few Questions

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu Feb 6 04:38:20 PST 2003

Hi......

A couple points of information.... if we keep the GIFT tickets (Get In Free
Tickets), since there is not site fee charge associated with them, we do
not collect a NMS fee. The main concern on this is balancing the books
correctly and the asscoicated nightmare of logistics of rosters, etc.

Also, we can not place the waiver on the back of the card. We have to use
the roster form that the kingdom/SCA has approved which is the one that has
been used for some time. There is specific wording that is the only one
that is approved. Way too much text for the back of a small card and it
would have to be approved by the BoD to do it.

This has been talked about for some time concerning the fighter cards and
has not gotten resolved yet.

Those @#%^^ Calif lawyers getting in the way again of common sense.

Niklas

At 11:11 PM 2/5/03 -0800, you wrote:
>--
>
>Excellent idea of putting the waiver on the back of the card. The "guest"
>sign & print their name. Then we turn the cards over to corporate & make
>copies for the files here & kingdom?   Problem is that someone will still
>have to pay the $3.00 surcharge. We cannot get away from that (at least
>the way I understood the wording to be: Non-members are non-members who
>pay an extra $3.00)
>~Chrystal~
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>  House Lizardkeep <lizardkeep at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>Why does the $3 surcharge have to apply to people who uses passes? Aren't
>they guests? As "guests" the member/non-member surcharge does not need
>apply. If we worry about liability and waivers it is simple enough to
>include the basic waiver form text on the back of the passes and get the
>"guests" to sign it. Instant record keeping. No added paperwork.
>Gwynn
>
>Clarissima wrote:Everyone does need to remember the $3 non-member
>surcharge. Should the barony pay it? Last event I
>believe we had 25 passes used. That equals $75. That
>doesn't seem like a lot, but we need to acknowledge
>that we are sending this to corporate. This is also a
>bookkeeping nightmare.
>Grazie
>Clarissima
>
>--- Brian du Val wrote:
> > I too concur with Nicholas on both sides. It does
> > help and we can keep track
> > of who was new at the event but how do we work in
> > the $3.00 non member
> > charge?
> > Do we keep a separate list of first event new
> > comers or just use the Get
> > In FREE ticket as a guest pass for just the day?
> > Either way waivers have to
> > be signed.
> > If newcomers are invited to the event a host or
> > guide should be
> > available. The Hospitler should handle this but not
> > always are they able to
> > stay with newcomers or guests. People who invite a
> > person to an event should
> > be mature and able to act as host and guide. Getting
> > their guests in to garb
> > and helping them fit in should not be a burden to
> > them if their guest is
> > indeed a friend.
> > Brian
>

>~work smarter~play harder~live simplier~

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                               Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                           Society for Creative
Anachronism
                               AIM Name: KE5ZW