[Ravensfort] SCA gate - a puzzle for those who like such things

lisabetta lisabetta at ansteorra.net
Wed Jul 23 12:48:07 PDT 2003

The trailer has a horse looking out at you. The van has the following
items in it. A gentleman who forgot his membership card and thinks
it expires either last month or next month. His lady who is a current
member with a card. Their two children ages 8 and 13, one is a member
and one is not. Their 16 year old nephew who isn't a member. A dog,
ferret, and a parrot in a large cage. The parents want feast, the
kids don't

The gentleman, will need his blackstar or TI will his membership
number to avoid the NMS & must still sign a waiver
If he has nothing with the number and expiration date then he must
sign the wavier and pay the nms(if there I snot a discount for their
age group)  and his site and feast

The lady will show her card and pay her site & feast

The parents will need to fill out a waiver for the child who is not
a member. and pay site and nms for one and site for the other

the nephew they will need to  have a notarized waiver for guardianship,
and will need to sign a wavier & pay site & NMS  if there is not
a discount for his age group

The horse will be handled by equestrian not GATE!!!!

The Dog, ferret, and bird will need to have proof of current rabies

have fun ..
Lisabetta
At Tuesday, 22 July 2003, you wrote:

>For those who like puzzles you can solve this one.
>
>For those who work gate don't fear, you will never run into a family
like
>this.
>
>A van with a trailer pulls up to the event.  You are sitting at gate.
>
>These folks have been in the SCA for years but have never been to our
>events.
>The trailer has a horse looking out at you.  The van has the following
items
>in it.
>A gentleman who forgot his membership card and thinks it
>expires either last month or next month.
>His lady who is a current member with a card.
>Their two children ages 8 and 13, one is a member and one is not.
>Their 16 year old nephew who isn't a member.
>A dog, ferret, and a parrot in a large cage.
>The parents want feast, the kids don't.
>
>You are to correctly process them through gate.
>The exercise can be timed for added fun.
>
>For an easier level it is Friday afternoon and site is still quiet.
>
>An added challenge: it is Saturday morning and their Majesties and
entourage
>are in line behind these folks along with a dozen other people.
Everyone
>in line insists that you process our van and trailer first out of
>politeness.
>
>Magnus

          EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere:
                http://email-reader.com/mail/
      4,500 cybercafes worldwide  -  http://netcafeguide.com/