[Ravensfort] Re: mundane question

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:00:39 PDT 2003

The barony should have enough loaner armor to fit at least one person.

The armor we use is hand made and can take a couple of months of
work to produce a suit.  Most of the good armorers that sell to the
SCA have a waiting list that takes almost as long.  Be careful about
ebay because some of their helms don't meet SCA requirements
for guage of metal and less than 1 inch gap in the face protection.

The neck, body, arm and leg armor involves simple leather
and metal work.  It just takes a while.  The helmet is
what takes lots of metal work and welding or riveting.
You need half gauntlet and hand guards on weapons
also

Rattan weapons are fairly easy to make.

Magnus von Lubeck
who has made enough armor to know how much work it is