[Ravensfort] Gulf War 12

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 21:19:50 PST 2003

Just to let ya'll know...Gulf War "rocked!"

the Raven's Fort/Kiersted camp turned out well...

we had a wonderful mix of people

We ended up with Kief, me, Lochlan, Isabeau, Kevin, Carrie, Cammie, Big Chris, Russell, Amaris (Doc), Indigo, Dragon, Meadhb, Marissa, Jonathan, Ayla, Brian, Colin (Bunny boy!) Gwenllian, Tommy, Julianna, Almar and Tatianna. (I think I got everyone) and even had one lonely member of the Three Ring Clan of the Great Dark Hoarde visit us for an evening...

Some of our usual Gulf War Krewe (Dolfin and Harald) ended up in a cabin...but we all visited back and forth lots...(and even Alwyn had fun!!!!)

Several of our people participated in keeping the War safe...Kief was a shift crew leader for Security, Tommy and Chris helped out several times in adverse situations, Meadhb sat/rode several shifts, Jonathan even did a shift or two...and I even did a few shifts....

Kevin fought rapier; Jonathan, Amaris, Almar, Brian and Kief fought heavy.

Meadhb judged A&S, Isabeau entered the A&S Grand Melee,  and several of us took classes...

Gwenllian ran much of the Heraldic tent, and Jonathan did several shifts there...

Everynight we had excellent food...and we have all determined that next year we will be much more organized...

I got to see Jalali and her lord several times during the War...she was very busy with entourage duty to the Queen of the East so did not get much "knock around time" for this war....

The Ansteorran "Gate Christening" (on Wednesday) was very damp...the water in the Ansteorran Pavillion was upwards of 3 inches deep at times... when I ventured in there were many standing on the stage because their shoes had failed them...but there were still many mud bugs and much fun had by all.

The Amazon/Rhoadd party ended up (with their Majesties permission) in the Ansteorran Pavillion on Thursday....Sir Korwin entertained us all with his fire spinning as did his Squires Kahl and Anton...the drumming was terriffic...and the dancing entertaining...Pookie even made an appearance...(we have pictoral evidence!)...

And above all there was "the Gate," it is so amazing that you just have to go and look at it for yourself...it's magnitude, strength and beauty show to all just what we Ansteorrans can do when we put our minds to a project!

All of us who went have vowed to have an even better camp next year...and we hope that those who were not able to join us this year will do so next year.

YIS

Lorraine DeerSlayer