[Ravensfort] A&S Beginning Lucet Class-More Details

Fionna dankat at tca.net
Tue Mar 25 11:00:30 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,

          This is just a quick reminder about the Beginning Lucet
Class, THIS Thursday, March 27th, at Our Baron & Baroness's house at
7PM.  (Right Your Excellency?)

          Everyone is welcome to attend!  I'll also be teaching this
class at King's College this summer, as well as, an intermediate class
at the To Be Named Later College this fall. If you can't make it to the
class this Thursday or decide you want to learn more lucet techniques,
just let me know where we could meet, say, at a populace meeting or an
event, I'd be glad to meet you there.

          There is no fee for this class, unless you want to take the
lucet home (lucets are $5).  The lucets are made out of your choice of
1/4" thick purple heart wood or oak, and double coated with
polyurethane.  If you'd rather make your own lucet, there is a pattern
on the front of the handout.  Currently, I'll be able to bring about 10
lucets.  So, if you already have a lucet, please bring it to the class.
 We will be learning the turned method of making lucet cord.  This
cording can be used for all kinds of things, dress laces, shoe laces,
ties for armor, lanyards for swords, drawstrings, necklace cords,
decorative edging on garb, and on and on...

           If you have any questions, please drop me an e-mail.
dankat at tca.net

Hope to see you there!
Fionna