[Ravensfort] weinies

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Thu May 1 06:37:26 PDT 2003

rachel luce <rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>*snork* I just read the end of your post on the list ....you know we used to do that growing up and velveeta works better than swiss....it keeps the bread from breaking in the middle when it gets toasted...

Gosh... great to see you out Isabeau!!  Seems like forever...

You know... sausages sound really good right now.  I just found a really
cool one... 16th century German for Bratwurst:

#25 If you would make good bratwurst

"Take four pounds of pork and four pounds of beef and chop it finely. After
that mix with it two pounds of bacon and chop it together and pour
approximately one quart of water on it. Also add salt and pepper thereto,
however you like to eat it, or if you would like to have some good herbs,
you could take some sage and some marjoram, then you have good
bratwurst."

There is a lot more historical stuff about it here:
http://www.geocities.com/katjaorlova/Sausages.htm

Maybe I can make up a batch, and we can have a mid-summer weenie
roast for the Barony!

-Jacinth-