[Ravensfort] In reply...and the imposition of monitoring....

DRHoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Thu May 1 07:21:46 PDT 2003

Unto the List,

At the request of Mistress Lorraine, and others, and in response to my
percieved allegiance to Marius, please read the following carefully and
thoughtfully.  Also, keep in mind that most who've voiced any opinion have
been around for a fraction of the nine years this arguement has been going
on.  Some had not even reached puberty.  I was there, day one, ring-side
seat and I'm about damn tired of being fair and impartial in sorting out
affairs in which many of the populous have no clue as to the either the
origin or circumstance.

I was there.  I witnessed the "attack" on BOTH occations; one at Renfaire
that included fingernails, broken skin around Doug's windpipe, and
conversations with the Crown.  I was also the FIRST person Lorraine waved a
knife at in the moments prior to Marius becoming involved in the second
"attack."  Doug was a bystander, he actually walked into the situation and
may have intentionally made it his business.  I can't say.  I believe
Lorraine's quote runs, "You hugged her, now you have to F__K her!"  Said
with full vigor and spite at knife point.  This in response to my wuzzling
Lady Olivia, another of Lorraine's adversaries.  That one included a Police
report, Police interview, and likely, another checkmark for me AND the SCA
with the local authorities.  Ok, happy?  Sucks to  know the truth.  Blows
the whole story and adds mountains of creedence to a BOD review.

I did not, have not, and will not choose sides in the petty friggin'
undercurrents of this Barony and I WILL NOT have it imposed from the
outside, which is, kinda what was previously insinuated.

I have no malice toward Lorraine and never once have felt threatened.  Doug
sees it different.  That's his right, though I'm quite well bored with that
too, however, it was just rehash of the usual Doug stuff until someone piped
up and said "Go away".  Then it became an attack, which to this point has
been pretty much from ONE household, in unison.  The sordid  details of that
evening are over, done, and forgotten on my part.  Now that YOU know, I'd
expect no less.  Lorraine and Doug are both are both my friend.  I've
confided and relied on both and BOTH are valuable members of this group.
They have done more on their own as individuals to support and encourage
this Barony than many of you have done collectively.  Here again, most in
the current fray have not been around long enough to remember the eleven or
so events Doug has autocrated, the times he's set troll WITHOUT a sanctioned
guard at his back, dragged trees for a bonfire, hosted a tavern, nor do you
know the full extent and tireless efforts of Lorraine in garb making, office
holding, event planning, hearaldic research, etc.

Ya know, I've been on antidepressants for the past three years thanks to
this Barony. My wounds are a hell of a lot deeper than anyone out there.
Dead putrid body, post-traumatic stress, nightmares, senseless arguing over
half stories, acusations of 'conspiracy', kids molested on site, rape,
rumors of rape, underage drinking, seedy complaints about mine and Berta's
private life, midnight calls to the Crown.  "He said...."  "She said...."
Being back stabbed by friends on all sides.  Betrayed, let down, lied to and
about.  "F__K your thanks! I wanna F_____G THISTLE!"... in court, no less!
Eight years of anticipating the next argument and smoothing feathers is
tough.  Ya know, I even once stuck a gun barrel in my mouth.  Probably would
have shot myself if it hadn't been so cold.  Happy to know that?  I've not
even skimmed the surface of the mental anguish imposed on me by this Barony,
but I still love and appreciate every single person here and will defend any
one of you as a friend.  Why?  'cause you've made my eyes well up in pride
so many times, I can't count.

Now....

In an attempt to once again apply fair and impartial judgment, every person
who replied to the current flap after 4:48 pm warning of yesterday will be
monitored by me until I have assurance IN PRIVATE that you will not continue
this thread of conversation on this list.  If you violate my trust, you are
gone from the list.  If it helps to know, on my end, at the list management
level, I see only emails.... some I do not even recognize, so don't take
anything personal.

I will also be the first to offer apology for using the list as a vent for
frustration, as evidenced in the warning of yesterday.  After posting, I
wished I hadn't, that's the sucky part of passionate belief, it makes you
blind to your own poison.

regards,
David St. David