[Ravensfort] Montgomery college Demo/Celtic Festival

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 19:37:34 PDT 2003

You're right!

The demo's are on the 22 and the 29th right...

We need fighters for both..
do we want to do a dance demo with a "simple" dance
like a brawl?
We definitely can put together an extensive A&S gallery...at the drop of a hat...but we will need tables and monitors...
I can do spinning for both...maybe some tablet weaving

Who else will get on the band wagon?!!!!

Lorraine

PS...Give your mom my best wishes for speady recovery!

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd <isobail at ev1.net> wrote:
BODY {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 50px; COLOR: #000000; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-y; FONT-FAMILY: "MS Sans Serif", "sans serif"}HR {	WIDTH: 100%; COLOR: #00ffff; HEIGHT: 1px}
Unfortunately due to mundane family issues (my mother is scheduled for eye surgery and out of town family visiting for Thanksgiving) I will be unable to participate in either of these demos.

We are getting to crunch time here for both of these demos—If we are going to do these events people need to start VOLUNTEERING to help and get things organized.  Otherwise we might as well bow out gracefully.  I would much rather see the Barony have to back out now than have us look like idiots later when we don’t get anything together (or no one bothers to show up).

Both of these demos are wonderful opportunities for us to put on a good show, introduce people to the SCA, and/or recruit new members, but unless we start NOW we are going to do the Barony a big disservice and hurt our image in the community.

5 and 6 weeks may seem like a long time—but trust me (I’ve done this for 5 years with the Montgomery Middle School Demo) it is not a lot of time to coordinate who is able to do what and where—what “stuff” is needed—what “legal” issues do we have to deal with…. Who is going to be there and when are the actually going to show up (remember demos run on REAL time not SCA time).

Sorry if this seemed harsh—my filters probably need to be changed

In Service I Remain...

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd
Argent, a frog vert within a bordure compony of eight,
Or and purpure