[Ravensfort] I need some NIGHTOWLS!!!

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed Sep 3 17:40:31 PDT 2003

Greetings All!!!

Wow! That was a pretty nice response already! Must be the offer of the scantily-clad dancing ladies. Friday is looking good all the way to 2 AM on Saturday morning...and then...well...you can see for yourself.

If you are a nightowl, an insomniac, or just too restless to sleep well on the night before a rock-on event like Defender, Gate may be the place for you. I really need a few restless souls to sit those 2 am- 4am & 4 am-6 am shifts. I used to cover them myself for years but I find that if I do this now, my blood sugar isn't right for days afterwards. So if you can help me out (and keep my doctor happy) please email me privately at hlannes at ev1.net and I will get you on the list!

I'm also looking for that early riser who doesn't have fighters to get ready for inspection to sit that pesky 6 am to 8 am shift. Anybody who has ever sat a gate knows that lots of folks start to arrive at that time (silly people...don't they know that is the time to sleep...ah well...the lure of the event and all) so I need some folks who can get up and (here's the hard part) **BE Functional!!!**....... at sunrise no less......

I'd like it best if they can be cheery but hey...if you can focus your eyes, fill out the forms and make change at that time of the morning, I'll be glad to put your name on the list even if you might pinch people's heads off!!! (I can run some great interference for grumpy people, believe me)

Groa, I'm sure, would also appreciate some company on the 8-10 am shift...probably the busiest of them all...

Then I need those folks who just want a quiet place to do handcrafts, chat and nibble on treats to sit those afternoon shifts of noon to 2 pm; 2 to 4 pm. It's pretty slow but a necessary gate to sign in those who come for the merchants, the court, the partying or all 3. (Gate closes at 4 pm).

Anyway, I am still negotiating with the dancing girls but its looking good that they will be there...the snacks and drinks are already lined up...So fire off that email to me and let me add your name to my troop of merry little helpers.

Go on......ya know ya wanna (evil grin)....(do it-do it-do it).....

The Lady of the Gate...
Annes
        Day    Time
       People on Shift

        Friday-19
       4 p.m to 6 p.m. FULL
       Clarissima

        Malcolm

        Friday-19
       6pm - 8pm    FULL

       Lady Ashlin Chrystal (Bjornsborg)
        Lady Isabeau (Raven'sFort)

        Friday-19
       8pm - 10pm    FULL
        Brian du Val   aka "The Happy Daddy"

        Groa

        Friday-19
       10pm - 12 midnight  FULL
       Kief

        Lorraine

        Saturday-20
       12am - 2am    FULL
       Simon Piroska

        Joy

        Saturday-20
       2am - 4am     OPEN

        Saturday-20
       4am - 6am     OPEN

        Saturday-20
       6am - 8am     OPEN

        Saturday-20
       8am - 10am

        ONE  SLOT OPEN
        Groa

        Saturday-20
       10am - 12noon   OPEN

        Saturday-20
       12noon - 2pm    OPEN

        Saturday-20
       2pm - 4pm     OPEN

  Gate Shift List for Raven's Fort Defender
  September 19 & 20, 2003

   Policy on gate shifts stands as follows:

  1. 2 people per shift
  2. First two people that sign up for a shift get that shift as long as
      one of them is a Raven's Fort member OR a long time trusted friend of
      Raven's Fort .
  3. All e-mail received or sent out concerning this Gate/Event will be
      "CC" to the Autocrat, Reeve, and  Barony Seneschal.

   Please Note: This Policy may be changed by the Autocrat/Seneschal/Baron
  & Baroness. Until or unless it is changed, it will stand until that time.