[Ravensfort] Good Read...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 23:53:26 PDT 2003

Over 10 years ago I picked up a book at 25th  year that has become my SCA Bible. Whenever I get tired of the SCA or with the people in it...I pick up the book and it definitely helps me gain a better perspective..

the book is "Bright Ideas and True Confessions" by Aelfled of Duckford.
and it's now on the web...at
http://sandradodd.com/ideas/brightideas.html

To me the best parts are the chapters: Considerations, Ettiquette, Royalty, Peerage, and  Language Use...

Some of the other chapters are dated or Outland's specific...so you have to read them with an eye to current policy and current customs...

Hope this helps ya'll as much as it's helped me!

In Service to the Reality

Lorraine DeerSlayer