[Ravensfort] A&S Doings

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 17:54:21 PDT 2003

Hallo Jacinth,

Bought a book on lichen dying and read it...now I need a field guid to Texas lichens...so I can appropriately pick them (I'm looking at doing lichen dye pots at North Sea Raids)

Bought a book on spinning and read it...in prep to doing more with what I'm spinning...

and spinning....

I was going to teach an informal class at Gothic...but the time got away from us all...

Lorraine

Jacinth <jacinth at mail.ev1.net> wrote:
Just wondering what you all have been doing this month. If you have
anything to report, sing out... that includes guild owners/members. I
deeply appreciate all the responses I get each month... with our members
being so spread out, it is often hard to know what everyone has been up
to...

Dance Guild report... We will be meeting on 9/9 at the Rayford Road
Community Center. Signy will not be with us for very much longer (Wah!!),
but we must carry on! I am getting some more music soon, and last
time we learned a couple of new dances (Clog Bransle and St. Martins -
Arbeau and Playford respectively), and reviewed a lot of old ones. It
was the most productive evening!

I've been pretty busy at work recently, but I've managed to turn out
several pairs of socks, and I've gotten some new hooked knitting needles.
I am also working up the courage to try brocaded tablet weaving. I have
some patterns for Elizabethan knitted flat hats and socks, I am dying to
try. Recently I was given some Lincoln wool (it is so glossy and curly),
and I bought some Jacob wool roving to try out (a primitive breed), so
I have some spinning to do.... well, with all the work I do, I have to
relax somehow. :) I am also working up the basic knitting class... so if
you are still interested maybe we can do this in a few months.

Let me know what you are up to, so I can brag on you to the regional
MoAS. :)

Regards,
-Jacinth-