[Ravensfort] Newcomer Guidelines...was...Good Read...

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Sep 24 11:38:55 PDT 2003

Kief av Kiersted wrote:
> Heilsa Gundy...

Hiya Kief....

Just a few notes:

> 13. Even if you, as a newcomer, have Hel's own
> hangover...throwing a shoe at the Herald during the "wake up"
> camp cry is *not* allowed..............well.....maybe once in a
> while...

Could this be why heralds hide behind trees near Swein Camp? Do they not
understand that we have a mystical power that keeps us from getting
hangovers?

> 15. "Gothic" actually means A. An ethnic heritage B. A language
> C. A style of architecture.....*not*...really cool black clothes
> and such...no...*really*.

"If you're really a Goth, where were you when we sacked Rome?" :)

> 17. Oh...and that bearded fellow over there...yeah the 300
> pounder with the axe and wearing the bear skin...he may actually
> *be* a berserker... (Feeding the berserker is not a good
> idea...he may follow you back to camp and eat *all* of your
> food... As well, if he offers you a drink of Mead from his
> horn...politely say "thank you" and take only a *small*
> sip...even if it tastes wonderful ... If you drink it all...he
> will chase you with the axe... Trust me on this...)

Sorry about the mead, by the way. Student-boy has been told to put that
stuff away for the next year or two. Yarg. Not good yet.

> 18. Peeing in the campfire is not "Medieval"...and the berserker
> will chase you with his axe...again.

We have very explicit rules governing this in camp. It's actually rule #2.
It was originally intended to cover a slightly different subject, but the
punishment involves duct tape underwear and a pole on the list field...

> 19. Soaping up in the downpour is not advisable...even though it
> was done in Days of Yore... Nowadays only *Balda the
> Hornswaggled* is allowed to do this...mainly because we can't
> stop him............and he made the axe for the berserker....

Soap? What for is this of what you speak? ;)

> Well...there you are, "The Complete Newcomer's Guide to Success
> and Advancement at Their First Event."

Don't suppose you have "The Complete Slacker's Guide to Success and
Advancement in the Arts & Sciences"? I still haven't figured out this
documentation thing completely and have something very cool (IMHO) for the
next event.
--
Gundy
mysticz28 at swbell.net