[Ravensfort] Persian Tent at Crown

Jan Aarons loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 10:37:49 PDT 2004

How wonderful! I will come by and visit and check it out and if I can do anything to help just let me know!

Sincerely, Love

Mirabelis <mirabelis at johnthekiwi.com> wrote:

Come one Come all and see the Persian culture in action!  We will be hosting a Persian tent at Crown for all to experience!
Some of the things we will be offering as a cultural experience are:

Persian Foods and Beverages, including teas, coffee, fruits, cheese, breads and others.

Water and Juice will also be available for the thirsty tongues!

Gaming area with dice, chess, cards and harem games!

Pre-mixed henna paste for you to apply and play with.

A wading pool, as seen in all good harem baths.

Music and dance for anyone interested in playing, dancing, or watching!

Hookah with flavored tobacco, smoking tips provided.

Merchant with all the greatest wares from near and far.

There will be literature and books about the various activities that are going on.  Come in and learn about the Persian culture.  Because there will be a Hookah and tobacco, we please ask that anyone under the age of 18 be accompanied by an adult.  Under no circumstances may anyone under the age of 18 be allowed to smoke on the hookah.  We do want to share the whole experience with those around us and encourage you to come in and take a look.  We will be watchful of who is entering the tent area.

Please respect the surroundings.  Many wonderful folks have made this happen and we would like to take our belongings back home unharmed.  Leave no trace!  Rubbish receptacles will be dispersed around the tent.

If you would like to help, then please shoot me an email and I can let you know 5 simple ways to help your local Persian community!

I would like to thank all the people who have put their time and efforts, research, ideas, etc into this!  What once was just an idea has bloomed into something really special!  I would like to acknowledge Stefan’s Florilegium for the information we collected through his wonderful database!

Cheers!
Lady Mirabelis and all the wonderful folks who have made this possible!

www.kindled-spirits.com

www.johnthekiwi.com