[Ravensfort] Jacinth...can we do this? Was: Privacy Issue

ladyoliviar at lycos.com ladyoliviar at lycos.com
Fri Aug 13 22:49:58 PDT 2004

See Eadric's message below.

If this cannot be done, would you please edit my Domesday info to just my SCA Name?

Olivia

Carpe Diem Ex Illo Vitae Opprime!

Eadric wrote (partial posting):

Your online Domesday book could easy be password protected.  This
would keep the vast majority of search engines out.  Ofcourse that
also means that the information is harder to get to by legitimate
users.

You web minister should also configure a file on your server asking
well behaved search engines to ingonre certain files and
directories.  The web minister creates a file called  robots.txt  in
the root of your web server.  That file contains a set of directives
for search engines and the well behaved search engines will always
check that file before scanning your site.