[Ravensfort] Re: North Sea Raid event

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 21:44:03 PST 2004

Heilsa Beth and son...

I wish to apologize about not responding to your previous letter.
I was/am very busy with work and getting ready for the event.
Your letter was in the queue to be answered.

It would be great if y'all were to attend our event. Especially
for your son's Birthday... Hmmmm....6' tall...how old is the
lad...*grin*

We will strive to have something for you both to wear... I will
inform our Hospitalier, via sending this reply to our Baron's
e-list) that you are hoping to find some Period (Viking) clothing
to wear. I would advise that you pack some extra everyday
clothing to wear under the Period clothing you wear...as well as
keeping a separate set or two in your vehicle in case of
inclement weather... Wear and pack warm clothes...

I see from your telephone number that y'all are from the Houston
area... Here are directions to the event site via I-45:

---

Take your best route to Huntsville on I-45 - EXIT 116 (Hwy 190 -
Hwy 30) Head EAST through Huntsville on HWY 190 (aka 11th St) -
East of Huntsville, approximately 1.5 miles from the City Limits
sign, you will intersect FM 2929 (aka Four Notch Road) - TURN
RIGHT (south) and drive 4 miles to the intersection with FM 2296
- Drive STRAIGHT ACROSS FM 2296 and drive 1.3 miles until you
CROSS a CONCRETE SURFACE BRIDGE (look for SCA signs) IMMEDIATELY
TURN LEFT in 1st GATE (RED gate) you are on the driveway into the
site. Proceed to Gate to sign in.

p.s. PLEASE do not repost these directions to any group of
friends, e-list, or other public venue. Limited private use to
known SCA people is fine... We've had problems in the past with
"people" showing up on this private property outside of the event
dates... The owner will have them arrested if they are
trespassing...

Thanks...!

---

We are looking forward to you and your son attending our Barony's
event North Sea Raids... Almost all of the event's activities
will take place on Saturday the 14th...the fighting, feast,
bonfire, Arts and Sciences Display, Bardic competition, Archery
competition, and general revelry. Bringing chairs to sit in are
good. If you are camping please bring a good tent and warm
sleeping gear or plan to stay in a motel room in
Huntsville...(about 8-9 miles away from the site).

The day's activities start around 8:30 a.m. Feast will start at
4:00 p.m. (served "camp" style - served onto your feast gear - we
may have some loaner feast gear) and will continue for 2 hours.
The evening Court of Their Excellencies, Niklas and Kezia, Baron
and Baroness of Raven's Fort, will start at 5:30 p.m.

Hope this helps...!

Your good neighbor...

Kief
====