[Ravensfort] viking garb

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Tue Feb 3 04:23:30 PST 2004

Xanthe wrote:
>Absolutely great article. The information is very good. But... whichever reenactment group that is  from,  and it better not be SCA, that group can kiss my pasty white butt.

I have to tell you, I know the Laurel who wrote it, and yes she is SCAdian...
but let me modify that by saying I believe she is Midrealm, and if you have
been to their A&S website you will know that Midrealm is really picky:

http://www.midrealm.org/moas/criteria/

To be fair, they 'play' A&S at an entirely different level than us.  That isn't
bad, it is just more structured. ;)

>P.s. Goimg to bring any pictures of your loom to the event?

Actually, pictures have been available for a while online:

http://users.ev1.net/~jacinth/loom/

Although, I guess I could say these are all upclose pictures, and not one of
them is an overall shot.  I guess I will have to fix that.  Click on a picture
to make it larger.  But if you are interested in that, you can see it at the
Leclerc website:

http://www.leclerclooms.com/nilus98.htm

Mine is the Nilus II countermarche.

Maybe, depending on the weather and such, I may bring out my warp-
weighted loom... it has been needing warping for a while.  If not, I may
bring some of my naalbinding books, and we can learn that.

Warm regards,
-Jacinth-