[Ravensfort] Canceled Event

Cam Battaglia momma_cammie at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 11:24:37 PST 2004

Suz,
I am sending these from work, which is not only virus but firewall protected as well.  Just ran the MS tool for detection and nothing is there.  This was the first time I had seen any of my emails multiply ... but I've already placed a call to our IT to have them check me out AGAIN.
Cam

Suzann Tabares <isabunny at yahoo.com> wrote:
Cam are you aware your posts are multiplying and
sending out attachments. Might want to run the virus
scan...go to microsoft...there is a new worm out...and
your comp is acting like it has it.

This is the info on it from my work website.

Hope Im wrong.

Suz

W32.Novarg.A at mm is a mass-mailing worm that arrives as
an attachment with the file extension .bat, .cmd,
.exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip. When a computer is
infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the
system by opening TCP ports 3127 thru 3198. This can
potentially allow an attacker to connect to the
computer and use it as a proxy to gain access to its
network resources. In addition, the backdoor has the
ability to download and execute arbitrary files.

The worm will perform a DoS starting on February 1,
2004. It also has a trigger date to stop spreading on
February 12, 2004.

We recommend you visit Symantec's Website to obtain
patches and further information about this
vulnerability that affects Microsoft Windows 2000,
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT,
Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP machines.

=====
>From the Raven's wing, to the Hawk's cry, I quest the fire, in search of the wisdom of the Phoenix.

Ly. Katrina Alyse Argo
a.k.a. Momma Cammie
m.k.a. Cam Battaglia
The world of poetry, mythology, and religion represents the world as a man would like to have it ...  while science represents the world as he gradually comes to discover it.