[Ravensfort] viking garb

dankat at tca.net dankat at tca.net
Tue Feb 3 10:19:47 PST 2004

Hi Edric,

    The problem is...  I don't buy fabric online, for a number of
reasons.  The color isn't going to be accurate depending on too many
different things, their camera, the lighting the used for the pictures,
digital or conventional camera, your monitor brightness and intensity
settings, etc.  Second, you don't get to see the fabric before you buy
it, to make sure it doesn't have any flaws, rips, dye problems, etc.
Third, I just don't feel that I get enough information about the actual
fabric that I can get if I can see and touch it before I buy it.  Such
as how finely woven it is, how well the fibers were processed before
being spun and woven, was there a lot of dye left in the fabric, etc.
While some of this can be compensated for with fabric samples, dye lots
can and will be different.  Plus, their prices are not *that* much
better than I've seen locally or even with just a trip to Austin.

Fionna