[Ravensfort] viking garb

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Fri Feb 6 12:23:53 PST 2004

"Olivia G. Rodrigues" <ladyoliviar at lycos.com> wrote:
>Please consider me properly chastised and I send deep apologies.

Olivia... I can only accept them if you accept my apology first.  I realize I
sounded more harsh in writing than my inner tone was speaking.  You used
a common turn of phrase that I have objected to for a long time...  I don't
know that many regard what it represents in quite the same way as I see it.

>My posting was not intended to be insulting and yes, I realize you are one of our most dedicated to authenticity but...you are not anal.  Not in the sense that you go around checking fiber content and stitching length or dye techniques.

Well... suffice it to say that I just don't SAY anything unless asked. ;)  I
assure you, I do look quite a bit. :)  I hate to ruin anyone's good opinion of
me, but there it is...

>The anal I refer to are the ones that can't help but give comment and advise to everyone and sundry, without being asked.  Letting others know you have the knowledge and will make it available is much nicer than giving said knowledge in the manner the "period police" seem to do.  I've personally overheard instruction in play given in nice, polite, helpful ways (M'lord, I congratulate you on your ambitions!  Might I be of service to guide you on the protocol?)  as well as the "Who told YOU that was okay?" approach.

You do know the way of doing it...  we just need to make sure that those
who don't come around to our way of thinking. ;)  Fortunately, I don't think
we have (m)any here?  I think most of our people were brought up right. :)

>Again, my deepest and most sincere apologies and I DO appreciate the varying degrees of our very diverse family and their level of interests.

Thank you, Olivia for your very reasonable reply.  It is going to be great
having you back up here...

Regards,
-Jacinth-