[Ravensfort] Re: Was Helping our soldiers...Now Rebuttal

Clarissa Cartwright ladyoliviar at lycos.com
Wed Jul 21 17:21:53 PDT 2004

Jacinth, you are entitled to your appellation...and covering your own tush, legally.

Gosh Jacinth, what happened to your funny bone?  Has it melted in the heat of a Texas summer?  I included a disclaimer, and I thought humorously.  My most sincere apologies for offending any sensibilities.

I have never "copied" a DVD but I know it's done.  Should I call the local authorities and have the scurvy knaves/knavettes prosecuted?  Yes, there are "under $10" videos available at Wal*Mart...and even some for 2/$11.00 (and from the titles available, you know WHY)!  Wow!  That means we could send lots and LOTS of DVDs  to our men and women fighting for reasons of which no one is exactly sure.  Don't cry freedom...or anti-terrorist reasons.  We've sent our soldiers into countries that have warred for thousands of years, and, no matter what changes WE want them to make, will continue to do so many more years.  That much is evident from the nightly news.  We've lost 900 souls since this War on Terrorism "ended"..and for what TRUE reason?  We'll never really know what Shrub was thinking when he declared War on Terrorism and The Evil Axis.  We'll have to wait until he's, thankfully, no longer in office and builds his multi-million dollar presidential library and displays all pe
 rtinent documentation...if he even does.  How many more of our people will die?  Will they die more easily if they've just viewed a "full price original studio distributed" DVD versus a cheaper one?  I don't think so.

If you really want to get onto legalities, we really must begin to prosecute teachers.  Every teacher in every school that has had a "movie day' for the students is in violation of the law.  All videos include some language about "home viewing only" or "private viewing only."  What about any person that has made a "tape" of favorite songs, or a compilation CD for a loved one?  You're going to sit here and tell me you've NEVER done this, even in junior high school for some guy you had a crush on?  So...where do you draw the line?

I didn't intend to lead anyone into any illegal activity.  Let's keep perspective of the spirit of the missive.

With my wrist slapped, but my sense of humor completely intact, I remain

In Service to The Dream
And In Support of Our Troops

Olivia

P. S.

With Big Brother watching over us now, via Homeland Security, et al, Interpol could very well get involved in any investigation regarding "pirated" video media.  I checked their website, and if they think it has anything to do with "terrorist activity," i.e. profits used for arms deals, they can and will jump in.  Of course, our men and women in The Sandbox ARE involved in terrorist activity.  You can call it fighting it but we all know it takes some "planning" to fight it and to me, semantics schemantics, involvement is still involvement.  Being "legally" allowed to so so doesn't make it right.  Again, another line to be determined.