[Ravensfort] Beat the Heat

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Mon Jul 5 08:03:22 PDT 2004

Greetings to all you Service Mavens!

Like yourselves, I thrive on the thrill of yet again saying,
"No.....problem!" when asked to do something for my house, Shire, Barony,
Region or Kingdom. If you also suffer from that pinched nerve in your neck
which causes your hand to wave madly in the air when you hear the words,
"Are there any volunteers?", then do I have an offer for you!!!!

Being a Service Maven, you know that often you get dirty, sweaty, your feet
hurt, your back hurts, you're probably bug-bit, sunburned, close to heat
prostration and all around you feel like you've been beat by a two-by-four.
How would you like to volunteer for service which lets you be out of the
sun, in the company of gentle folk who are leasurely ambling the aisles
between tables, in the air-conditioning?????

I'm talking about the Argent Museum! Service in the Museum consists of
helping me (the Director) put out and keep straight the display, uncovering
it in the morning and covering it when we close down, keeping an eye on the
assembled treasures so none are misplaced or go missing, greeting those who
would view the display so they feel welcome, serving our "Honored Guests"
who will be visiting the museum as a sort of "living history" person to
speak with the assembled populace about our Kingdom, and keeping me company
so I can get some lunch and go potty when necessary. I am providing my
volunteers with drink, snacks, largess and word fame (I am, after all,
titled bard in two baronies...this last could be a biggy!!). So please come
by and help me out!

If this sounds like a service you might enjoy, there are two ways you can
volunteer! Either email me in the next 48 hours and let me know when I might
expect you OR come by the Great Hall and sign up for some volunteer time. I
will have a sheet of 1 hour shifts that you can sign up for. I look forward
to meeting some new people from around our Kingdom. Until then, I remain...
In Service,
H.L. Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
Argent Museum Director
Dear God,  Help me to be the person