[Ravensfort] Allergies...Camp

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Tue Jul 6 14:03:37 PDT 2004

If such is the case I will make it as yummy smelling as I am allowed (who
ever heard of cooking without butter or olive oil... ugh!!  hate this diet).
When I was on liquid only, I much enjoyed hovering over my beloved's back
to catch a whiff (ok, I had my head over his shoulder and was sniffing the
plate) of the aroma of his wonderful barbeque (and I still have to enjoy it
that way for the time being -- still on the verboten list).  You are welcome
to vicariously share in my experience (hey... that is more fun -- call it "The
Jacinth Experience", at least it makes the whole diet thing more palatable to
me. ;))  We could have a fish sense-o-rama.  At least you are not so allergic as to have a reaction to the mere vapors, as I feared when you said that
you "enjoy breathing"... some folks have a more violent reaction, and I was
prepared to do my cooking in the parking lot.  I guess it is an ingestion
reaction?

You have been forewarned. :)  I won't be as gauche as my Mother was on
Sunday though... I helped her make a peach cobbler... she was complaining
about having to do all this work peeling 5 lbs of peaches, etc. to make this
thing, so I kind of pushed her out of the way and showed her how a cook
experienced in bulk (50 or more servings) preparation does it.... knocked it
out in short order.  After it got done baking, she brought me a sample of it!!
Wow, that was hard turning down!!  She did have the good grace to say
"DOH!" when I pointed out that I wasn't allowed to have starches OR fruit,
though. ;)  Suffice it to say, all I'll offer you is the smell... and that I'll do gladly. :)  I've got some wonderful mahi-mahi. :)

Bon Appetit!
-Jacinth-

"Karen Picou" <kladd at houston.rr.com> replied: