[Ravensfort] Helping our soldiers overseas

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Wed Jul 21 08:28:28 PDT 2004

"Clarissa Cartwright" <ladyoliviar at lycos.com> wrote:
Also, in regard to DVDs and CDs - I have a collection of over 250 DVDs (granted a lot are chick flicks but I do have some of manly men that drink, swear and/or blow stuff up) and would be willing to copy some to send if anyone has a burner.  Not that I want to go against INTERPOL and infringe on any copyright laws (you'd think the movie industry would just crate some up and donate 'em, wouldn't ya?) but it'll save $$$ to spend on the necessities like soap and razors.

Olivia,

I am appalled that you would even suggest this.  INTERPOL doesn't have
anything to do with this (aside from the message at the beginning of the
feature)... this is illegal and the local authorities will come for you or the
MPAA lawyers, not Interpol.  Period.  Your "Not that I want to" doesn't mean
a lot here, when you are advocating the infringement of copyrighted material
just the same.  Just because you have a desire to use the saved money for
a good cause, does not make it any more right.  There are plenty of less
than $10 DVDs available at Wal-mart.   I would strongly suggest you rethink
this strategy, as it is very possible that your package will be opened and
INSPECTED before being sent to any of the troops.  That could put you (or
at least the sender) in a lot of hot water...   If you put it through USPS, it
is likely that you will also face federal charges on piracy.  I would dissuade
anyone from participating in a scheme that includes this.

Two other issues:
1.  Please use text and not HTML in your emails.  Generally it spews garbage
and serves no real purpose.
2.  Pretty please, trim your posts... we already have the orginal one, and
multiple postings of it really isn't necessary, especially when it is already
long.