[Ravensfort] New info on care packages

Jan Aarons loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 17:52:24 PDT 2004

Thank you Mary, I am glad someone has better info on the shipping. I just used the online calculator at USPS. But also had received other info that it should be cheaper because they only calculate postage to New York. But I didn't receive this information until after I made the post. However, I still would still like to do the "Save a Penny" drive. At least it won't be as expensive as I had originally stated. And with the lower shipping rates then we could prehaps afford to send one every month. Perhaps that would be a great idea we could send a care package every month until the war is over. I would feel like we are doing our part to help out the war efforts and support our courageous knights overseas keeping us safe. Yes please keep in mind that mail is much slower than here. And also keep in mind that if a unit we are sending packages to, gets to come home the package will be rerouted to another needy unit. Also, please keep in mind that all packages are opened and inspected
 before the unit receives it, so please do not send any political items and please keep in mind this country does not have the same religious idea's as do we so if you want to send religious items just a few at a time would be great. If we send alot of these items, they will return our packages and I don't wish for this to happen. Olivia thank you for the suggestion but we can not send copies of movies. Nor can we send copies of CD's either. All movies VHS or DVD's and CD's need to be original, not copies. I am glad this was brought up, if there are copied movies or DVD's, VHS, or CD's the package will be returned. Not by the foriegn government but by the Army. Simply because they have no way of determining what is on these movies or Cd's and it simply would take to much time and man power to review them before passing them along to the soldiers. They have restrictions on what can be sent, absolutely no porn, no political movies or papers, and religious items must be keep to minimun
 due to the fact the Army does not wish for the foreign government to think we are trying to convert the local population to our religion. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email at anytime.

In Service,
Love of Halesworth
Minister of Arts and Science
loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com