[Ravensfort] Re: Was Helping our soldiers...Now Rebuttal

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 23:34:08 PDT 2004

Heilsa Olivia and all our good neighbors...

I will strive to keep my reply to this public diatribe as polite
and short as I can given the sentiments and statements that have
been posted.

---

For the most part Jacinth is correct. The recording industry and
film industry are going after, legally, the most mild of "piracy"
offenders...with a vengeance. So, it is best to not send pirated
CDs or DVDs overseas...*just in case*...

---

You are correct in your assessment of the countries that we have
sent troops into...they have warred with each other and within
their own borders for many hundreds of years...but, that "way of
life" can end...and should.

We have not "lost 900 souls" in that part of the War on Terror
ongoing in Iraq...we have *gained 900 heroes*...folks that have
died **supporting** the right of oppressed people to run their
own lives...free from the heavy boot of tyrants. As well...those
900 heroes have died in Iraq from the beginning of that country's
liberation to the present day...not just since the "end" of the
"organized Iraqi resistance"...

As well, the "War on Terror" has not "ended" it has only begun.
What you have mistaken for the "end of the War" was the
declaration that the "war against Iraqi organized army units
under the control of Saddam and his generals has ended"... There
is a **huge** difference in the two statements. The War on Terror
is still ongoing and expanding...and that War is **extremely
necessary** to prosecute and to win. In the long run...the
winning of the War on Terror will mean freedom for the people
here on this planet that live in fear every day...fear from
tyrants and from those that would randomly bomb, shoot, or chop
them to death for their own power or just for the sake of
spreading terror.

**President** Bush was thinking exactly what he needed to think
when he named the "Evil Axis" countries...and after 9/11
**President** Bush's declaration of the War on Terror was *right
on target*. This particular War is unlike any the United States
has ever prosecuted...and, given the scope of our martial
actions, the time frame, the number of countries that we are
engaging the "enemy" in...our losses are very minor. Of course,
no loss of life, **especially** an American life, is "minor". And
our fellow countrymen and women that have lost their lives need
to be honored and held high as heroes... Not used as a bludgeon
to remove a President who is doing a job that he never wanted to
have to do.

It is my wish to see Mr. Bush re-elected for the simple fact that
his leadership and his cabinet's leadership are needed to
continue the job without a major disruption in the chain of
command. Do I agree with Mr. Bush and some of his appointees? By
Thor's strong arm no... However, you don't change horses in the
middle of the stream...and what we have now, world wide, is a
raging river. And, please take note of this, Mr. Bush and the
American foreign policy of attacking terrorism wherever it
exists...is working. Terror attacks are down in number and the
number of innocents that are being killed and maimed by
terrorists are far lower than they were a several months ago...

You mention the words "TRUE reason" in regards to why this
country is at War. The answer is simple...let us deal in *facts*
and not half-baked leftist diatribe or "conspiracy theories". The
true reason is that *we*...the people of America and our way of
life, our culture...were attacked, viciously, without warning or
provocation. Our citizens, and those citizens of foreign
countries, in the World Trade Center complex, in the Pentagon,
and in an aircraft deliberately crashed into a lonely field
*died* by the thousands because men that wish to see America fall
into the dust of history callously **killed** them in a terrorist
attack.

The end result of this "TRUE reason" will be, I fervently hope,
the utter destruction of these men and all their followers, all
those that foment terroristic attacks around the world, those
that support those attacks, those that teach young men and women
that it is "god's will" that they use terror to achieve their
vicious and evil ends, and *any* government that supports
terroristic attacks on innocents.

---

Your use of the "prosecute teachers" argument is shallow...
Everyone knows that the "fair use" clause for educational
purposes is quite legal...for all the various media used in
education.

And honestly, while, "everyone does it" copying songs and other
media for any kind of distribution *is* illegal... Just like
speeding and jaywalking..."everyone does it"...but that does not
make it legal...

---

While your "sense of humor" may well be intact...mine is *not*...

As regards your "p.s." if you truly believe that our troops are
involved in "terrorist activities" then you **DO NOT SUPPORT OUR
TROOPS...NOR OUR COUNTRY** and should stand ashamed of you own
words, words mouthed in false support of our heroes, military and
civilian, that are **serving** their country and our way of
life... Serving with the knowledge that they may die in that
cause. Protecting our Homeland... How dare you.

---

So, I have spoken my piece, in my passion and love for this
nation and it's people, for those that serve us...protect
us...and allow us the freedom to speak our minds. Which you
did...and I did...part and parcel of our *inalienable rights* as
stated in the Constitution. The price of Freedom is Eternal
Vigilance... That is what the men and women in our Armed Services
do...they pay the price for our Freedom.

You see, Olivia, I've already paid the price for Freedom by
serving this country and it's people. I have little or no respect
for those that belittle the men and women that protect this
nation, and calling our troop's actions "terroristic" is horribly
demeaning. Our troops and our leaders that are striving to
protect our future deserve our respect...even if we think that
some of those leaders methods are wrong.

I remain what I am...a good neighbor...

Lee Cockerham (aka Kief av Kiersted)

======