[Ravensfort] Update on Care Packages

loveofhalesworth loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 03:33:34 PDT 2004

Sorry folks this wasn't suppose to go on the main list and I am still trying to figure out how it got here.

Love

and the email to make postings is as follows
unofficialravensfortgroup at yahoogroups.com
This way from now on I will suggest to several people to join our group and this way we can discuss what we want and we won't be off topic.

In Service, Love

Joy Midkiff <joy_of_simon_haza at yahoo.com> wrote:
And yet.....To do that EVERY time we wanted to ask everyone's thoughts on something would be a (guess what Im thinking *grin*)!!!  I dont know about you, but I dont even have every officers email (pointed looks *grin*) let alone everyone in the Barony's.  Maybe I need to start a free talk list where sharing with members of our sca family is okay ....specially since there are times when we go for WEEKS with nothing offical to talk about.  (I AM the one that announced to the list when Katie used the potty the first time.....and my baby shower wasnt EXACTLY an official Baronial function)

Joy

Shane Wallace <sdwsdw30 at totalzone.com> wrote:
Greetings,
Lady Xanthe is absolutely correct......... Baronial funds can not be used for this purpose according to Kingdom and Society Law. Furthermore, although this is a noble idea we should stay on topic when posting to the list. The focus of any SCA list should be on the SCA functions, its members, and the Time Periods that it deals with....... Off topics should go through other  means of dispersal, such as private emails.....
In Service,
Lord Malcolm de Crauford
Seneschal

rachel luce wrote:

>Paul Gilbert <niklas at pbgilbert.net> wrote:.
>We just need to make sure we can do it under the Barony's name and have a
>plan to do it with, rather that shooting from the hip and not hitting anything.

Doing it under the arony's *name* isn't going to be a problem. It's with the Barony's *funds* that you're going to run into some pretty strict guidelines. Speaking as somebody who happens to be reeve for another group the one unbreakable rule is that any expense (in this case mailing costs) must show substantial benefit to the exempt purpose of the SCA. (pg 22, Exchequer's Handbook v2003.) The SCA's  purpose is the study of the Middle Ages and the Rennaissance. Generally speaking we can't give /pay money that benefits private companies or individuals unless we are getting an item or service back htat the group will use to further hte SCA's purpose ( portapotties for an event, pavillions for the Barony, rent for a group mailbox etc.) SO off the top of my head I'd say we
 (Raven's Fort) cannot reimburse anyone mailing costs for these care packages BUT we can pass the hat at Populace. My two cents...
                                                                  -Xanthe

Robert Wrote:

I have no issue with what you are attempting to do,and think its a worthy action, that of helping part ofour community. My issue lies with turning this listinto a mundane political platform. If thats not whatsgoing to happen then I will happily go back to quietlyreading. Robert