[Ravensfort] shadowlands scribal schindig!!!

david brown reddecay at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 20:15:40 PDT 2004

greetings unto the list...

well chrystal and i just returned from the shadowlands
scribal wing-ding.
i must say that the folk that showed up were ever so
nice and eager to
learn all kinds of stuff.
we discussed types of paint and tools and looked at
books over illumination
and calligraphy. our host and hostess, victor and
rossylyn, were ever so gracious and we thank them for
opening up their home to us. they only moved in a week
ago.
we also met their pets...1 dog, 1 large grey cat, and
two rather cute rats.
after we looked at materials and discussed techniques,
and exchanged
scrolls...it was off on a field trip to mecca...yes...
                                                 HALF
PRICE BOOKS !!!
what better way to end a scribal hoo-haa than to go to
a place that has
great books at great prices. we picked up even more
illumination books and general medieval history books.
after that it was off to dine at the kings eatery
called FREEBIRDS