[Ravensfort] Virus attack...

Shane Wallace sdwsdw30 at totalzone.com
Wed Mar 10 13:38:57 PST 2004

Greetings unto the Barony of Raven's Fort,

I'm sending this warning out to the barony so what happen to me will not
happen to you. Several days ago a virus / worm attacked my ISP
(Totalzone.com). This virus copied the address books of the ISP
customers and then sent out nasty hateful emails to everyone on those
address books. A couple of days later the ISP was attacked once more,
this time the ISP was the target of the attack and nasty hateful emails
were sent out from the ISP customer service departments. If you received
an unusual  email from a Totalzone.com customer such as myself please
disregard it. These hackers have caused great damage to the personal
reputations of the customers of the ISP and the ISP itself. I have
placed below a copy of the 2nd notice/warning that my ISP sent out.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the 1st notice on time. I would like to
apologize for any inconvenience and hurt feelings this virus / worm may
have caused you. I thank you for your understanding and pray it doesn't
happen to you. Finally, I wish to remind the fantastic populace of
Ansteorra to please update your anti virus software.

In Service to the Dream, Kingdom, and Barony,
Lord Malcolm de Crauford
Seneschal of Raven's Fort
--------------------------------------
Totalzone.com 2nd warning......

ATTENTION TOTALZONE.COM CUSTOMER:

 THERE ARE SEVERAL EMAILS GOING OUT CLAIMING TO BE FROM TOTALZONE.COM
MANAGEMENT TEAMS. THE FROM EMAIL ADDRESSES SHOW SUPPORT at TOTALZONE.COM
<mailto:SUPPORT at TOTALZONE.COM>, ACCCOUNT at TOTALZONE.COM
<mailto:ACCCOUNT at TOTALZONE.COM>, AND VARIOUS OTHERS. THESE EMAILS
CONTAIN INFORMATION STATING THAT, FOR VARIOUS REASONS, EMAIL ACCOUNTS
ARE GOING TO BE SUSPENDED. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DISREGARD THESE
EMAILS AND DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS INCLUDED WITHIN THEM.

 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU CAN CONTACT US AT
HOSTMASTER at TOTALZONE.COM <mailto:HOSTMASTER at TOTALZONE.COM>. WE ARE
WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK TO REMOVE THESE TYPES OF EMAILS FROM GETTING
THROUGH IN THE FUTURE.

SINCERELY,

HOSTMASTER
TOTALZONE.COM