[Ravensfort] suitable camera for taking pictures inside a museum

rachel luce rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 19:56:41 PST 2004

Greetings to th list-
    So, I'm going to NYC in two weeks and plan on spending most of that time inside various museums and art galleries. I was having a camera and film discussion with my soon to be dead significant other about what camera would enable me to task good pictures of various objects behind glass display cases. Keep in mind that no flashes are allowed. The upshot of an utterly useless conversation was that he couldn't recommend a camera to me for various reasons the main one being that he felt one should try out a camera before purchase to see How its going to operate, how the shutters feel, where the astrological sign were in the sky when that particular camera was manufactured, etc.
         I also got an hour long lecture on shutters versus shutter speed, resolution and lenses, type of camera (digital vs. film) and all the weakness of the types. Did I mention he's a photo hobbyist. Did I mention that I considered reaching through the phone an pulling his heart out? My mother owns an Olympus stylus zoom 70 that she said I could borrow. Will this hack it? If it won't what do I need to looking for so that I can take good photos while I've got the opportunity to see this stuff?
                                                                                   -Xanthe

Do you Yahoo!?