[Ravensfort] Fess up; who sent me this puerile email?

rachel luce rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 19:21:14 PST 2004

Hey, everyone-
         Why is it that so many people think stuff like this is funny? It's the most sexist crap I've laid eyes on in quite some time. It perpetuates every  bad stereotype of southern women as twinkling little debutante belles who only *really* want rich hunky men to take care of them. Notice that  southern women  can't think of anything but getting a man, looking good, and being as subtly catty as possible. Favorite sport --what else, shopping! *giggle* Anybody else notice that a college education and a spine didn't make the list of natural assets? Oh hell nooooooo, something is only valuable if it helps you get a man! After all that's all that southern women really need right? did anybody else snicker at the breakfast section? All I could think of was a dirty pun on "sweet tea and sweet melons" - do southern women eat breakfast in bed? If their men want them to. What really surprised me though was the line about the joys of hot summers, e.g. "strapless sun-dresses". Given the tone
 of this whole thing I would have thought it would be something more along the lines of  glitter pasties and daisy dukes. And the most teeth-gnashing assertion is that southern women know that men come and go but friends are forever: unless you're both competing for the same guy or you've already got a boyfriend and then you know, you just don't have time for "the girls" anymore. Hey, southern women know how to keep a man, shugah.  People, don't send me anything else like this.
                                       -Rachel

SOUTHERN WOMEN

Southern woman appreciate their natural assets
Dewy skin
A winning smile
That unforgettable Southern drawl.

Southern women know their manners
"Yes, ma'am"
"Yes, sir"
"Thank you honey"

Southern women have a distinctive way with fond expressions such as:
"Y'all come back!" only used for more that one person
"Well, bless your heart.." genuine or sacarsim
"Drop by when you can."
"How's your Momma?"
"Love your hair. When did you start wearing it like that?" can be genuine or sacarsim

Southern women know their summer weather
Humidity
Humidity
Humidity

Southern women know their three R's
Rich
Richer
Richest

Southern women know their vacation spots
The beach
The beach
The beach

Southern women know the joys of hot summers
Wide brimmed hats
Strapless sun dresses
Air conditioning

Southern women remember everybody's first name
Honey
Darlin'
Shugah

Southern women know the movies that touch their hearts
Gone With The Wind
Fried Green Tomatoes
Steel Magnolias
Anything with Mel Gibson or Ricahard Gere

Southern women know their religions
Baptist
Methodist
Football  & Racing horse or auto, either one

Southern women know their country breakfasts
Mouth watering homemade biscuits & GRITS
Country ham & red-eye gravy
sweet tea & sweet melons

Southern women know their cities that are dripping with Southern charm
Atlanta
Charleston
Savannah
New Orleans

Southern women love elegant gentlemen
Men in uniform.
Men in tuxedos
Men in expensive cars

Southern girls know their prime real estate
The Mall
The Country Club
The Beauty Salon

Southern girls know the three deadly sins
Bad hair
Bad manners
Bad parties

Southern girls know that men may come and go, but friends are foreva !

Now honey, send this to some girls who were raised in the South or wish they had been.

And if you're a northern transplant, just FAKE it hon....we know you got here as fast as you could

Do you Yahoo!?